Senior Technical Sales Engineer
A senior hands-onpre-sales position that supports direct and channel sales of a mobile consumer software solution. The SE partners with Account Executives to drive sales of Kony’ products and services. Activities include: building demo applications and proof of concepts, building relationships with prospects and channel partners, delivering presentations and demonstrations to articulate features and differentiators of all Kony products, understanding a prospect’s needs and architecting solutions for them, writing proposals and responses to RFP/RFI documents, strategizing with Account Executives to drive sales. This position also has a handover role in the pre-sales to post-sales transition process, which includes documenting the scope and managing the follow-on initial Services effort.
All applicants must have strong hands-on technical skills as well as a presence, excellent communications skills verbal and written, and have a strong enterprise software technical background, either through previous implementations or engineering experience. Vertical experience in financial services is strongly desired, other verticals of interest include travel hospitality, mobile ecommerce or mobile media is a benefit as well as a functional experience in back-office ERP and/or CRM systems such as Amdocs/Clarify, Remedy, SAP, or Siebel/Oracle. In addition, experience with an offshore development model is a plus.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist in delivering proof of concept / pilot projects to demonstrate Kony value.
- Configure and/or customize demo solutions with software development tools.
- Conduct discovery calls and qualify prospects with Sales Executives.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers in an Account Management capacity.
- Strategize with Sales Executives to drive sales of Kony offerings.
- Draft and deliver targeted PowerPoint presentations.
- Travel to customer and prospect meetings, varying from week to week with an overall maximum average of approximately 50% nights on the road. Occasional travel (1-2 times per year) to Hyderabad, India for internal trainings and meetings is also required.
- Clearly articulate features and differentiate Kony offerings to audiences ranging from CxOs to Engineers.
- Demonstrate Kony software applications and development tools, as well as 3rd party products that complete a mobile consumer software solution.
- Create proposals and responses to RFI/RFP documents.
- Conduct solutions workshops with prospects to define business requirements and processes.
- Review and present professional services estimates to prospects.
- Create the initial statement of work during the handover from sales to services.
- Act as an Account Manager overseeing the delivery process and helping to keep the customer abreast of new developments in the mobile consumer marketplace.
- Provide input to professional services estimate, statement of work, project plan, design, and functional specification documents.
- Deliver sales and pre-sales training to channel partners.
- Develop relationships with prospects, customers, and channel partners.
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Assist marketing with trade shows, case studies, creating demo scripts, demo videos and white papers.
- Be a team player communicating with colleagues and other department members.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in a pre-sales or consulting role working with CRM / ERP enterprise software solutions
- Mobility / wireless solutions experience (device manufacturers; network providers; mobile network standards; on device applications; mobile web browser applications; SMS applications)
- Enterprise software integration experience
- Software application development experience
- Vertical experience in financial services, travel and hospitality, mobile ecommerce or social networking
- Functional awareness of SMS Service Providers (SMS Gateway Providers, SMS Resellers, SMS Brokers)
- Functional experience in Web Services, XML and RSS
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio
- Proficient with online presentation and training services (GoToMeeting, LiveMeeting, etc.)
- Proficient with Salesforce.com or equivalent sales force automation tool
- Proficient with Smart Phones: iPhone, Android, Palm Pre’, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry
- Proficient with Microsoft XP/Vista/7, MacOS and UNIX
- Proficient with web reporting & analytic engines for mobile applications (e.g. Adobe’s Omniture)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – English
- Successful experience communicating with CxO executives, Marketing and other line of business owners, and technical people
- Application development experience in Java with Eclipse
- Relational database experience in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Knowledge of mobile web browser standards (WML, xHTML, CSS, WebKit)
- Implementation or engineering experience with a major enterprise software solution (Amdocs/Clarify, Remedy, SAP, Oracle/Siebel/PeopleSoft/JD Edwards)
- Knowledge of Web Services, Mobile Client Architectures, Services Oriented Architectures (SOA), .NET CF, J2ME, LUA, PERL, JSON, XML, Object Oriented Programming, WWAN/WLAN networks & network routing / load balancing
- Knowledge of SMPP related to the systems and networking architecture of SMS solutions
Who to contact for this position
Strictly qualified resumes with cover letters can be emailed here for consideration.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Latest Job Openings
We are always on the lookout for smart, talented, energetic people who are driven by a passion for technology and business. If you are looking to work in a challenging environment with a focus on learning quickly and delivering results, you've come to the right place.
Here are some of our job openings:
USADrupal Team Lead ›
Senior Account Executive ›
Business Development Sales Manager Position ›
SaaS Sales Manager Position ›
$100K Business Development Position ›
Marketing Programs Manager ›
Senior Technical Sales Engineer ›
IndiaTechnical Project Manager ›
Test Manager ›
Tech Lead – Web & Mobile Applications ›
Lead Engineer & SSE – iPhone Developer ›
Lead Engineer – Windows Mobile Developer ›
Senior Software Engineer – Palm Pre Developers ›
Senior Software Engineer – Developers ›