Mobile Standards: Cure or Curse? The role of Standards & Open Architectures in Mobile Applications Successful, time-critical deployments of “killer” mobile apps for B2C, B2E and B2B require significant investment. Frameworks, toolsets, libraries, and app platforms all offer the promise of “Write Once, Run Everywhere” functionality. But beyond the initial outlay, the “hidden” costs can add up to many times the original price tag. The promise of industry standards such as HTML5 is to reduce these hidden mobile costs. Yet, not every platform or tool is able to keep up with the pace of mobile innovation. How should organizations balance and leverage mobile standards and development tools? Join us to hear independent industry analysts from MGI Research discuss the conceptual and practical approaches to leveraging mobile standards. They will be joined by Manojav Sridhar, Sr. Solutions Engineer from Konywho is a mobile app implementation practitioner with extensive field experience in helping Kony customers apply mobile standards to real-world problems. They will discuss:
- Why are standards important for mobile apps?
- Which standards are durable and worth paying attention to?
- Embrace, Adapt or Ignore? - What are the pragmatic approaches to leveraging open mobile architectures and standards-based technologies?
- How to balance mobile “openness” with requirements for unique, engaging mobile apps and short time-to-market?
- How should users evaluate development tools?