Powerful, Proven Solutions
While some companies wait for SAP to solve their own multi-piece puzzle for mobility, global enterprises have successfully mobilized SAP with Kony. Kony’s architecture allows SAP customers to bypass the typical frustrations associated with middleware, integration and scaling bottlenecks. Our SAP-certified solution delivers middleware-free connectivity to SAP backend applications, enabling our customers to mobilize any SAP business process on any device with a single, integrated framework.
Enterprises running SAP owe it to themselves to review Kony’s feature-rich applications and our unique approach to mobilizing SAP. It's proven, effective, rapid to deploy and available now.
SAP Mobility Benefits
Mobilize SAP and improve the efficiency for your business:
- No additional skills required to manage the foreign mobility platforms
- No additional hardware required for development, testing, and production systems
- No additional effort required to control and migrate the changes between systems
- No additional IT contracts required to support the add-on infrastructure
- No manual process required to identify the errors across multiple systems
Mobilize SAP and improve performance for your end users and customers:
- True end-to-end interface management ensures data integrity
- Proper load management, dependency controls and monitoring
- Monitoring and optimization of all data and transaction interfaces
- Automatic switchover and seamless re-connection in a failover situation
Mobilize SAP and improve reliability and security while reducing risk:
- Built-in data compression and encryption at both the transport and data storage levels ensuring data security
- Leveraging existing security, Disaster Resource Planning, change management and systems management processes
- Inside SAP add-in component consistently certified by SAP. Most recently in October 2012.
- Simple architecture allowing customers to scale mobility solutions across the business without having an adverse impact on the customer’s SAP systems
Shred-it Mobilizes SAP CRM for Service Reps
Kony helped Shred-it deploy SAP CRM out to reps in the field to provide customers with onsite documentation, to capture data remotely, and to provide real-time visibility of field activities.
Orica Chemnet Mobilizes SAP for Proof of Delivery
Kony helped Shred-it deploy a mobile proof of delivery system that automatically sent information back to their SAP system. “The whole business has welcomed the changes that this project has brought about as we transitioned from a manual and retrospective data entry team into an automated, value-added distribution network,” said Stu McFadyen, NZ Fleet Manager at Orica Chemnet.
Water Corporation Mobilizes Field Service & Employee Pay
Kony helped Western Australia's Water Corporation modernize their mobile field service solution and full connect to their SAP back end.
Rheem Mobilizes Field Service
Kony helped Rheem replaced their outdated radio network with a full-featured field service solution that effectively extended SAP to the field.
Australian Arrow Mobilizes Inventory Management
Kony helped AAPL mobilize warehouse systems and real-time inventory and production recording systems across multiple SAP modules, in both real-time and stand-alone modes.
Kony is Taking SAP Farther
For over 14 years, over 100 customers have been leveraging the Kony technology (formerly Sky) to mobilize their SAP backends across many industries, including manufacturing, utilities, consumer packaged goods, pharmaceuticals and many more. Kony’s unique and proven approach to mobilizing SAP across all channels is an end-to-end solution featuring:
- A multi-channel platform to develop from a single codebase and deploy to all channels the apps that will seamlessly connect to your SAP backend
- Rich, ready-to-run apps and templates for customers who want to accelerate their implementation with out-of-the-box functionality
- Certified “Inside SAP” technology for connecting to your SAP backend with no middleware bottlenecks, eliminating the scalability problems inherent with other vendors
- Enterprise mobile management (EMM) to manage your apps and devices with a comprehensive set of policies
Kony delivers complete mobile applications that are as easy to customize and configure as they are to load from an app store.
Kony apps run on all major operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows 7, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry and Symbian. Kony apps can be deployed with mobile web and native implementations. Kony apps run on the award-winning KonyOne platform, and can be deployed, managed, monitored and analyzed with Kony Mobile Enterprise Management, a mobile application and device management solution. Kony B2E apps include:
Kony Mobile CRM
A full-featured CRM app for mobile devices, featuring account and contact management, lead and opportunity access, activity management, sales analysis and more. Sales staff are fully enabled with the data they need so they remain in the field for longer, doing what they do best.Learn more
Kony Mobile HR
Full human resources management on a smartphone, including time and expense management, talent acquisition, scheduling and workflow, and more.Learn more
Kony Mobile Field Service
An app ensuring you can push work orders to field technicians, allow mapping and navigation, capture job status, manage inventory, record time, integrate to GIS systems, display documents/attachments, capture a signature and print documentation. Enables your field technicians and repair staff to be more effective wherever they are.Learn more
Kony Mobile EAM
A full-featured EAM app for mobile maintenance crews, offering asset tracking and reporting, asset profiles, scheduling, and performance management. This app can also be coupled with Kony Mobile Field Service to provide complete mobile workforce management.Learn more
Kony Mobile Supply Chain Management
A mobile solution to let you manage the supply, manufacture, warehouse, delivery and customer-facing aspects of your supply chain. Applications may be deployed on-premises or in the field, enabling complete end-to-end supply chain visibility though mobile technology.Learn more
Designed specifically for SAP to take full advantage of its robust client/server architecture, SkyMobile is Kony’s SAP-certified ABAP add-in that enables you to properly manage all data synchronisation and interface transactions in your SAP system.
- Using a SAP registered /SKY/ namespace, there is no impact to your existing SAP system or your custom objects
- Implemented as a standard SAP transport, the middleware-free SkyMobile solution can be installed and working in just a single day
- It complements existing SAP functionality, offering a simple-to-use management layer and productivity tools for SAP developers
Visibility & Management
The Kony certified add-in and allows our customers to easily define SAP integration objects, interface and scheduling components. In fact, Kony can protect the SAP system more effectively and perform transactions more efficiently than any other external platform, including SAP’s own tools, which have no visibility to the internal SAP processing and resource management.
Robust Notification System
Features a robust notification system for handling failures and other events. Easily implement calls to solution manager from the Kony interface notification manager whenever a failure or other event is triggered.
Integrate with SAP NetWeaver
The Sky SAP add-in is certified for the ABAP NetWeaver runtime environment and can be implemented and run in any standard SAP NetWeaver ABAP instance e.g. It can run in SAP ERP, CRM, SRM, or even on a standalone NetWeaver instance.
Integrate with Heavily-Customized SAP Systems
With Kony, it is much easier to integrate with a heavily customized SAP system than an external solution such as SUP, where you will need to spend significant time developing custom wrappers and processing logic.
Deploy Apps with Complex Data Models
The Kony software is suited to any application that has complex data models, including offline capability. Its data object technology supports complex data relationships and data types and is capable of supporting any SAP data type.
Utilize Existing Resources
Customers can utilize their existing SAP BASIS, ABAP and functional resources to implement the systems and applications. Furthermore the existing SAP landscape delivers and instant Development -> Test -> Production landscape without change when using the Kony middleware free approach. Other solutions will require significant investments in infrastructure and support resources to establish a new “middleware based” landscape for your mobile architecture. Compare the Kony approach to the hardware requirements that are needed to support SUP, Syclo and Afaria. (Hint…you may need a bigger server room under that model).
Because the Kony software runs “Inside SAP”, it can effectively manage and load balance all the interface transactions and data synchronization requests that come flooding in from the mobile applications. Particularly in scenarios such as start of day/end of shift business processes that create natural peaks and troughs in transaction volume.
Key features of the throttling engine include:
- Sophisticated asynchronous, priority, and dependency management controls
- Delivers our customers the ability to scale the deployment without impacting the performance of the SAP system
- Effective load balancing and management of business transactions without affecting mobile and SAP users. Innovative queuing and processing of transactions significantly accelerates system throughput and response times
Gartner’s Take on Optimizing SAPGartner compares “Best of SAP” IT strategies with a more diverse “Best in Class” approach to mobilizing SAP.
Find out why Kony is Empowering Everywhere and making the path to better business easier for companies like yours.Learn More
Visit the Resource Center for materials to inform your mobile strategy. Videos, webinars, white papers and more.Find Resources
Contact a Kony expert to explore your technology options and determine how Kony fits into your mobile strategy.Contact Sales